Superman: The World Needs Heroes


Similar to the last post, this image is edited from a photograph I took of one of my Superman figures for the Action Figure Blog.

I did this edit on Friday as more and more news rolled in regarding the tragic events in Aurora, CO.  I did quite a few different pieces that day, sitting at my computer watching my Google+ stream overflow with constant updates. After hearing a few of the reports regarding the murdered victims shielding their loved ones from the barrage of gunfire, and how this massacre could have been profoundly worse were it not for their heroic actions. I think I just started this project with an idea to convey, but I wasn't really sure of how to present it. 
This kinda just came out. And it summed up everything perfectly. For me, at least.

My thoughts are with all affected by this tragedy. Better days will come.
You just have to believe in heroes.

0 comments: